Automotive Repair Technician Job Description
Full Time Automotive Repair Technician (Mechanic)
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Pay DOE, some benefits
Apply within or submit a resume
The Automotive Repair Technician is primarily responsible for effectively diagnosing and repairing simple to complex vehicle issues while maintaining the highest level of customer service, satisfaction, and doing so in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION: Diagnose and repair simple and complex automotive issues, and perform routine maintenance tasks for our client's vehicles. Use computer diagnostic equipment to pinpoint issues and develop a cost-effective solution for each customer.
GENERAL DUTIES: Keep a neat and orderly work station. Take garbage out and clean shop as needed. Willingness to perform other duties, as assigned by owner/operator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma/GED & Associates degree preferred.
- 2 years' experience performing automotive service and repairs.
- Familiarity with the latest vehicle diagnostic equipment by maintaining a current understanding of technical processes/equipment.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers.
- Valid Driver's License and clean driving record required.
- Maintains a current understanding of technical processes/equipment, uses technology to increase performance/productivity.
- Has a sense of urgency in meeting deadlines, establish appropriate priority, and get the job done in a timely manner.
- Looks for opportunities to increase knowledge.
The Technician will be exposed to dust, noise, vibration, exhaust fumes, hazardous, and non-hazardous materials, and hot, cold, windy, and wet weather. He or she will work in an open garage area. This position requires stooping, bending, and moving throughout the shop and may occasionally lift parts up to 75 lbs. or more. The Technician will wear a uniform and use safety equipment as needed.